Sunday, August 7, 2011

grilled potatoes

I grill potatoes all the time during the summer. They're dead simple to make and they taste great. Here's how to make them (heat kicked up, of course):

Slice a potato into thin slices
Shred up some pepper jack cheese
Slice up some red onion
Salt and pepper
Your favorite heat enhancer (sliced, fresh jalapenos work nicely)

Spray a piece of foil with cooking spray. Throw all the ingredients on the foil, making sure all ingredients land on said foil, otherwise they won't get cooked. Wrap said foil tightly. Throw on grill. Cook on med heat for 1/2 hour, flipping at some point in the middle of the cooking process.

I digress...

I think Scott Roberts had a great post on Foodie Blogs a couple of days ago. I try not to partake in many of his pet peeves because I share most of them. In particular I do the following to avoid the food snobbery:
1. My pictures, in general suck. Actually I'm too lazy/busy to take a lot of pictures then upload them, resize them, yadda yadda yadda. Besides I'm trying to lose weight and help you to do so, so who cares what the lighting looks like on my raviolis. Want to know what one of my ideas/recipes looks like? Make it. You should like it, since they have all been test kitchen approved by yours truly. If you don't like it, play with the recipe until you do like it.
2. I like to give meal ideas with common ingredients that are targeted to enhancing the heat factor in common foods that are typically bland.
3. I make it known that you too should experiment! You know what you like. I'll plant an idea in your head and you can take it in all different directions. There are no right or wrong answers here.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share