Thursday, April 5, 2012

spicy sour cream

One of the ways I've cut out calories from my diet is to look at empty foods
and cut them out. One of them is mayo. I think mayo is completely useless and can be replaced by much tastier and healthier condiments. I like to play around with sour cream based condiments. Below is one of my recipes. I have put it on grilled fish tacos and turkey burgers. Try it on a grilled turkey burger grilled with cajun seasoning, a slice of low fat provolone, tomato, raw sweet onion, lettuce, and pickled jalapenos.


1 dried ancho chile, rehydrated in boiling water until soft
5 dried chile de arbol
2 green onions
2 cloves of garlic roasted
8 oz low fat sour cream

Put the first 4 ingredients in the food processor and process until well mixed. Mix in with the sour cream.

1 comments:

Sure does jazz up plain old sour cream. Have you tried using plain yogurt, really really nice. Hubby didn't even know I had used yogurt instead of sour cream. He doesn't like yogurt. lol

Post a Comment

Share