Thursday, July 7, 2011

spicy eats at coors field

I went to Coors Field last weekend to see the Royals vs. the Rockies. The game was over after the second inning, so I went exploring in the stadium for good food. They are a couple of stands around the stadium that offer "extreme hot dogs". I saw the Diablo dog and I had to get one, thought I made some modifications to it.

Pay attention because you will want to make this dog. It is a large dog with diced onions, jalapenos, jack cheese, and "5 alarm chili" on it. I substituted green chile sauce for the 5 alarm chili, which made this dog awesome. I also got extra jalapenos on it, which I would recommend. It had fresh jalapenos on it, sliced, with the seeds in. If you make it at home, use a whole jalapeno per dog. When I make this dog again, I'm going to ditch the cheese because it's just wasted calories and doesn't really add anything to the meal.

Here's how to assemble the dog: put the dog in the bun (grill the dog), put a lot of green chile sauce on the dog, cover with onions, then cover with jalapenos.

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Share