Monday, May 9, 2011

healthy sandwiches that don't suck

I'm going to do a series on how to make restaurant-quality sandwiches that don't taste like cardboard (they are really good) and they will fill you up.

I'll start with my favorite condiment, other than hot sauce. It is a "relish", for lack of a better term, made out of jalapenos and sweet peppers. I prefer Mezzetta's sweet cherry peppers for this purpose. Take a food processor and put about 5 to 10 tablespoons of pickled jalapeno slices in and about 5 of these cherry peppers in (cut off the stems). Mix for about 30 seconds and store it in the fridge for a sandwich spread. If you don't have a food processor, just dump all of the ingredients and chop the crap out of them with a sharp knife. Watch your fingers because it will hurt if you hit them.

2 comments:

Congratulations, Tim, on your plan. It's definitely working for you. How does the home brew fit in? Susan.

Good question - I haven't cut anything out of my diet. I have cut things down, but not out. When I cut things out it is a recipe for failure. I am still brewing and drinking beer.

Post a Comment

Share